Articles > Tokyo Disneyland
Disneyland is one of two theme parks in the Tokyo
Disney Resort located in Urayasu, Chiba, Japan, near Tokyo.
It was the first Disney theme park to be built outside of the United
States and the third Magic Kingdom-style Disney park ever built.
Tokyo Disneyland opened on April 15, 1983.
There are seven themed areas, each complementing each other yet
very unique in their style. Tokyo Disneyland's themed lands include
the World Bazaar (Tokyo Disneyland's version of Main Street, USA),
the four classic Disney lands: Adventureland, Westernland, Fantasyland
and Tomorrowland, and two mini lands, Critter Country and Mickey's
Toontown. The park is noted for its huge open spaces to accommodate
the massive crowds the park receives on even moderate attendance
days - Tokyo Disneyland is the single most visited theme park in
the world, and its sister Tokyo DisneySea is the second.
The park was constructed by Walt Disney Imagineering in the same
style as Disneyland
in California and the Magic Kingdom in Florida; the Magic Kingdom
influence is stronger, though, all the way to the castle, a reproduction
of Walt Disney World's Cinderella Castle.
Tokyo Disneyland is owned by the Oriental Land Company, which licenses
the theme from The
Walt Disney Company. It, along with its companion park, Tokyo
DisneySea, is the only Disney park not owned by The Walt Disney
Tokyo Disneyland Rides and Attractions
- Penny Arcade
- The Disney Gallery
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Jungle Cruise
- Western River Railroad
- Swiss Family Treehouse
- The Enchanted Tiki Room "Get the Fever!"
- "Mickey and Minnie's Polynesian Paradise" (Polynesia
- "Lilo's Luau & Fun" (Polynesia Terrace Restaurant)
- "Minnie Oh! Minnie" (Theater Orleans)
- Westernland Shootin' Gallery
- Country Bear Theater
- The Diamond Horseshoe - "Slue Foot Sue's Dinin' & Fun"
and "Pecos Goofy's Frontier Revue"
- Mark Twain Riverboat
- Big Thunder Mountain
- Tom Sawyer Island Rafts
- Splash Mountain
- Beaver Brothers Explorer Canoes
- Peter Pan's Flight
- Snow White's Adventures
- Cinderella Castle Mystery Tour
- The Mickey Mouse Revue
- Pinocchio's Daring Journey
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Castle Carrousel
- Haunted Mansion
- It's A Small World
- Alice's Tea Party
- Pooh's Hunny Hunt
- Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin
- Minnie's House
- Mickey's House and Meet Mickey
- Chip 'n' Dale's Treehouse
- Gadget's Go Coaster
- Donald's Boat
- Goofy's Bounce House
- Toon Park
- Jolly Trolley
- Star Tours
- Space Mountain
- Grand Circuit Raceway
- Buzz Lightyear's AstroBlasters
Tokyo Disneyland Shows and Live Entertainment
- "One Man's Dream II - The Magic Lives On"
- "Disney's Rock Around The Mouse"
- Tokyo Disneyland's "Blazing Rhythms"
- "Disney's Dreams on Parade"
- "Tokyo Disneyland Electrical Parade Dreamlights"
- "Disney Magic in the Sky" Fireworks
This article is licensed from Wikipedia under the GNU
Free Documentation License.